Want something simple and delicious to add to your lunchbox?
Give these savoury zucchini and sweet potato slices a try.
Be warned, they can be pretty addictive!
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup ricotta (reduced-fat, fresh preferred)
- 250g zucchini (1 large), grated, moisture removed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh continental parsley
- Roasted cherry tomatoes or garden salad to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced).
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Sautee the garlic and onion for 3 minutes or until they begin to caramelise. Add the grated sweet potato into the pan and stir mixture for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Combine eggs and flour in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add fresh ricotta into the mix, whisk until just combined. Stir in the sweet potato mixture, zucchini, chives, and parsley. Season with sea salt flakes and pepper to taste.
- Spray a large baking dish with olive oil. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Serve the slices with roasted cherry tomatoes or garden salad. Enjoy!